Thursday, August 29, 2019

Being an easy Raja Yogi



There is a popular expression in most languages: 'I am my own best friend or my own worst enemy'.
One of the meetings is that, though challenges may exist, I make them difficult according to my consciousness. This is especially true with regard to the practice of Raja yoga meditation. Some people after several unsuccessful attempts to meditate, just give up. They perhaps think, that the method does not work, without considering the possibility of their consciousness not being able to work properly. In Brahma Kumaris, we learn that if the method (vidhi) is correct, there is success (sidhi) in terms of spiritual power.
To be an easy Raja Yogi, the first thing I need to do, is substitute the word yoga or meditation with remembrance. Basically, I just have to remember two things:
I am a soul and my original qualities are peace, love, happiness, truth and purity.
As a spiritual being, I automatically have a connection with the source of spiritual power or God. Through remembering my relationship with him I can experience His qualities as Father, Mother, Teacher, True Guide (Satguru), Beloved and Friend.
Unfortunately, we complicate this understanding by intellectualising instead of experiencing. Almost 40 years ago one of my first Raja yoga teachers told me that I need two things in order to be a successful meditator. I need knowledge in order to make a bridge between the soul and God, but I need love in order to cross it. If I just have knowledge but not that real love for Him, in the whole exercise becomes very dry. If I just have love then I can only experience a sort of distant appreciation without actually being able to come close.
The whole objective of Raja yoga meditation practice is to not only access my original qualities with God's help, but to actually make sure that they become more present in my day-to-day activities. Instead of reacting to situations and people from the limited ego perspective, I learn to interact with them from those deep inner qualities.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing just amazing information, after reading I learn from here is that Meditation is an approach to training your mind, similar to the way that fitness is an approach to training your body.
    how to meditate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article and great read for me. It's my first visit to your blog, and I have found it so useful and informative especially this. Best site to buy YouTube Views

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing an informative article with us. I have also some amazing information for you. best site to buy Instagram followers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?
    you made running a blog look easy. buy YouTube Views cheap

    ReplyDelete