Saturday, November 28, 2020

Meditation is easy


Getting going with meditation is easy and challenging at the same time. If I knew when I started what I am going to share with you now over the next several posts, I probably would be much further ahead than I am.

It is easy to get started. But... really going into the depths of meditation practice to bring about the transformation of deeply ingrained life-hindering beliefs and habits requires much more understanding and dedication. But that is for later.
It the same with anything.
If I want to be a champion swimmer I have to dedicate more time and perhaps sacrifice to make that happen. It takes more than just splashing around the pool and getting a few laps in now and then. It's the same with meditation. There is enough benefit in the first five steps that I will share with you over the next few posts to create further interest.
I started my own conscious and daily practice in the year 1975, or 20 BI (before the internet) with very limited access to information about it. I decided to concentrate on the method of Raja Yoga Meditation that I was learning with the Brahma Kumaris Spiritual University. I could see that it went much deeper than the pleasant detachment and sense of peace, contentment and general compassion that I had experienced in other types of meditation.
Today, 43 years and thousands of hours of meditation later, I can definitely say that the first steps are easy and accessible to all. The practice of the deeper stages of meditation, however, requires quite a lot of self-discipline. That's OK too. Disciplinare in Latin means to teach, so self-discipline is what I need to teach myself.
Since the first steps are really easy, there is no excuse not to try it out.


Text from the Live and Meditate Channel (https://www.youtube.com/liveandmeditate and https://www.facebook.com/liveandmeditate/) Video #3

No comments:

Post a Comment