Saturday, November 28, 2020

Enough spiritual resources?


A person without money thinks twice about taking a bus or go walking. Someone with a lot doesn't think twice about taking a taxi or not.

Similarly, when a situation arises that requires more understanding and tolerance than I have, I end up shortchanged. If I have a stock of spiritual power and an understanding of the rules of life, I can deal with it without problems.

Unhappiness is basically due to a lack of spiritual power.
If I spend more money than I earn over a long period of time I go bankrupt. If I spend more spiritual power than I replace daily, I become spiritually bankrupt.
The expression: gather hay while the sun shines refers to taking advantage of a favourable situation to prepare for when it is not.
What I have to do is accumulate a stock of spiritual power through daily meditation practice. If I meditate accurately for 15 to 20 minutes as my first act in the morning, then for 2 to 3 minutes from time to time during the day, and another 15 to 20 minutes at night, that stock should be sufficient to pass through most situations without tripping up.
This power tends to accumulate as I learn to think better. When larger obstacles appear, there is enough to get past them as well.
Actually, obstacles appear along the way, precisely to test my understanding and strength. Well understood, they always bring good lessons.
Text from the Live and Meditate Channel (https://www.youtube.com/liveandmeditate and https://www.facebook.com/liveandmeditate/) Video #11

No comments:

Post a Comment